Thursday 23 June 2011

Engagement Session: Ben & Sarah

I had the pleasure of photographing this beautiful couple on a somewhat cloudy Friday morning at Granville Island. We met in May when they approached me about doing their wedding and I already knew Ben through my husband and the Abbotsford connection. I love doing engagement sessions because it's just me and the couple and I have so much fun getting to know them - in addition, they're usually a lot more co-operative than toddlers :)

We started out near Bridges and made our way around Granville Island finding some awesome locations.

Here are some of my favorites!


Sarah brought along this red balloon and I love the touch of extra color it adds in a lot of these photos - I love creative clients :)

Such a cute couple :)

I love this bottom sequence because it's kind of like the 'photo booth' style where they are just being themselves and I get to capture it on camera.

We were fortunate enough to have partly cloudy conditions for the first little bit of the morning and a fairly quiet Granville Island as well so we took advantage of it and got some great shots overlooking the water.

I had so much fun with these two and they were so natural with every pose and expression - it makes my job easy!



I really wish I lived closer to this location because it certainly has a lot to offer!

At this point we were probably already an hour into the shoot and still having a ton of fun.

I love the non-chalant-ness (that's a word, right?) of Ben's pose in the picture on the right. He's playing it cool but you can tell by his expression that he's aware he's got a great girl!

A few fun ones with black & white & color!

Another fun sequence totally inspired by the wonderfulness that is this couple. Notice Ben's 'class picture' pose in the bottom left hand photo ;)

Love these ones :)

An attempt to get a few down by the beach but the sun was starting to mess with our plans at this point so it was back to the shade :)

Being a fan of shoes myself, I love their shoes so I had to showcase them in a photo!

Almost to the end of the shoot and having a bit of fun with the poses!

Now the real fun begins - Sarah had suggested doing some jumping shots but I never imagined that two people could get so much air and still look so great. Nice work!

Yep - these photos below need no explanation. Those are melons :)

We entered the underground parkade to get a particular shot that Sarah wanted and I found a nice yellow backdrop so we made a quick pit stop for a couple photos and then off to our last pose.

Sarah had seen shots like this online so we tried to recreate it and the traffic actually co-operated with us :)

One final shot of Sarah's gorgeous ring (and beautifully manicured hands :) )



Sarah and Ben - I had a fantastic time spending the day with you guys at Granville Island and I have no doubt that your wedding day will be even more fun. You are a great couple and I"m so happy that you found each other and that I get to photograph your special day in September. Can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment