Wednesday 1 June 2011

Zacher Family in Fort Langley

 

 

I have had the absolute privilege of getting to know Val Zacher and her family over the past 5ish years and have had the chance to photograph them as a family since Daniel was born :) It's crazy to think that I knew Daniel as a little baby and now he's a full blown 3 year old! Since then, they've welcomed Bridget Ann into the family last April and I've had so much fun watching these beautiful kids grow!

Last time we did a photoshoot, we were trying to avoid the snow/rain and ended up only being able to get a 30 minute session in so, when I saw that the weather was going to be perfectly cloudy for our shoot, I decided to try to get as many combinations/locations in as possible and we had a great time.

We started out at the trains in Fort Langley and here are a few of my favorites. Daniel is definitely screaming '3 year old' in these photos and I was happy to capture it as I'm on my way to that stage in just a few short months with Benjamin ;)
While I was taking some pics of Val and Bridget the train went by and I was able to snap a few of Daniel and Ed. He just loves his daddy! I also love the bottom photo because it captures the unposed reality of what it's like to try to get a 3 year old to pay attention in a photoshoot for almost an hour and a half. Daniel was kind of getting sick of it early on but, with a few breaks to allow him to burn off some energy, he got right back into it and stuck it out for the whole hour and a half - pretty awesome, I'd say!

The fam!

I probably got about a dozen hilarious ones of Daniel and Ed like this one below on the left but just picked one for the blog. Daniel was totally not prompted to pose like that but came up with it on his own and I love it :)

Next we headed down to the water and took advantage of the fact that Bridget is walking now so we could get some good ones of her and Daniel by the logs. I love getting shots of the siblings. It also makes me excited for when Jacob can start to walk and I can see my own boys interact. Daniel is such a good big brother :)



At this point we started to lose Daniel's attention again so we gave him a little break to practice his sweet jumping moves!

Bridget needed a break too so Daniel planed himself in the middle of the sidewalk and gave me an awesome action sequence :) Thanks Daniel!

Yep, he's a boy :)



More of this gorgeous family down by the water. At this point there may have been some threats that Daniel might not get his promised treat of ice cream if he didn't start looking at the camera so you can see that he's looking quite reformed in the top left picture :) As a parent of a 2 1/2 year old I fully support the 'bribe them with a treat so they'll endure family photos' method. I use it all the time!

A few more sibling interactions :)

I'm pretty sure they couldn't get any cuter :)

A few of the lovely couple just by themselves!

Finally, we had joked earlier with Daniel that, for the last picture, Val & Ed were going to throw him into the water so I figured that'd be a fun way to end off the shoot!



Thanks so much to all 4 of you for such a fun afternoon! I am so happy to call you guys friends and be a part of your family memories. Looking forward to watching those beautiful kids of yours grow as long as your Ontario family lends you to us here in B.C :)

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the great day and your patience with our "trying" 3 year old. Let's pray 4 is better!! Do you think it would have really hurt Bridget to crack a smile? For an extremely happy, smiley girl, she doesn't perform well on demand!! Thanks Anita - we feel so blessed to have such a talented friend!!

    ReplyDelete