Tuesday 27 September 2011

Baby M: Delta Maternity Session

I'm not sure where to begin on this couple as they're special to me in so many ways! Steph and Eric and I grew up together and went to high school together at DSS. Many a fond memory include these two crazy characters on various band trips and, even back then, they were a pretty special couple with a wonderful connection. Over the years, Steph and I spent lots of time together, working at McDonalds and had an extra connection through her brother, Derek, who was in my grad class and eventually my grad date.

Some of the far less enjoyable connections between us came after graduation, when Derek passed away suddenly and, a few years later, my brother passed away. After that point, in a lot of ways, our connection and bond was solidified. I had the privilege of singing at their wedding and I couldn't be happier to be a part of helping them capture this amazing stage of life. I may not understand life and the loss both Steph and I have experienced, but I do thank God for allowing our paths to cross - that has truly been a great blessing to me.

I can't think of two people who will be more loving, patient and kind parents and I'm so glad that this blessing has come into their lives. I love you both and hope you enjoy these photos as much as I enjoy knowing you and being a part of your lives. Here it goes :)



We started out at Derek's bench, a spot where I hadn't visited before, but it was a great location and, apart from the teenagers having some morning 'beverages' on the pier, we had the place to ourselves!





Steph looks so amazing for almost being done her pregnancy and I loved the outfits she picked - so fun to have some variety in the photos!



After the shots at Derek's bench we headed to Deas Park for some different backdrops and there were so many to choose from that, I'm pretty sure we were all starving by the time we were done.....White Spot afterwards was a very welcome treat but I'm so glad we stuck around to take a ton of different poses :)



Look at this gorgeous lady!







I have to give Eric a lot of credit for enduring a lot of photos! He was game for whatever I suggested and did it with a smile on his face! Stephie, you are a lucky girl :)





We kind of thought this one was funny because, if you just glance at it you think it's Steph's two hands but, as you look closer, something just isn't right ;)



I love their smiles at one another in the bottom photo. Priceless!



These two are so adorable together and I loved capturing this next sequence of interactions between them. Love you guys!





We lucked out with such nice weather and a great location, not to mention the beautiful subjects so I just kept going until we were too hungry and had to stop ;)



These next ones were Steph's idea and I'm so glad she was up for climbing on the railing. Thanks Steph!



A few shots of the rings :)



Finally, you have to have some belly shots so here they are ;) I love the butterfly they brought along.



Steph and Eric, thank you for a wonderful morning. It was so much fun to share in your joy and excitement and I will be anxiously awaiting the arrival of your little one. He/she is so lucky to have you as parents and I'm thrilled to continue to walk through life with you and your growing family.

No comments:

Post a Comment