Sunday 23 October 2011

Dahlen Wedding: Beautiful Couple, Beautiful Day

I'm not sure I can express how excited and anxious I was for Sarah and Ben's big day but I'm sure it was no more than the excitement that these two wonderful people were feeling. My nervous excitement was mostly due to the fact that this was my first official wedding and I wanted to offer this couple nothing less than my best work for their special day. My husband came along to the wedding with me, offering me an extra pair of eyes and just his general calm nature that has always balanced me out and given me a sense of peace, even on that day in April when we were married and the first glance of him standing in front of me set me at ease.

 We arrived at the beautiful Sandpiper Golf resort about an hour and a half early as I was a bit paranoid about being late but it was awesome because it gave me a chance to photograph the girls getting ready and get some shots of this beautiful bride that I may not have otherwise been able to capture. All in all, I have to say it was an amazing opportunity to be a part of their day and I am so thankful that they had such faith in me and I also feel that I have been blessed with two wonderful new friends. 

 Sarah and Ben, thank you so much for inviting me into your lives to share this day with you and the events leading up to it. I had such a blast and truly was made to feel like I had known both of you all my life. 

Words can't express how beautiful it was to watch the two of you take your vows and have fun with each other and with all who came to share in the day with you. It was an amazing celebration and I hope that my work reflects it. It is with much excitement and anticipation that I invite you to see your day through my eyes and hopefully what you see will result in a wave of wonderful memories not just the first time you look at them but every time you pull them out over your many happy years together. Enjoy :)





Beautiful dress, beautiful bouquet, beautiful bride.



Sarah had such a beautiful dress and was so calm during all of the 'getting ready' moments. She was making sure everyone else was doing fine and just being the genuine opposite of a bridezilla :)


A few shots of the bride before heading out to get some 'just girls' shots before the boys arrived :)


Isn't she gorgeous?


A few dress details.

Sandpiper golf resort had a gorgeous mansion where the girls could get ready and I loved all of the rooms for photos. Lots of natural light and the sun started blazing outside at just the right moments and then clouded over for the ceremony for the most part. Perfect.


A few 'girls' shots while trying to stay out of sight in case the guys showed up early :) The bridesmaids dresses were great and Sarah had a great crew of ladies standing up for her. I had a lot of fun hanging out with them :)






Sarah and her beautiful ladies :)




A few shots indoors again as we ran away from wandering groom and groomsmen. Disaster averted and still plenty of time left to take some shots of the boys before the ceremony. I love being early and not being rushed!




Ben seemed equally as calm as Sarah and he and the boys (old and young) came up with some great ideas for shots so here are some of my favorites!


I was never quite let into the reasoning behind the hand gestures in the top right photo but it was the one shot that Ben really wanted to make sure turned out so here it is and, I also noticed your boys doing it in a few of the other shots throughout the day so you got a little bonus :)



Ben & his groomsmen :)

































Ah, the jumping shots and these boys got some seriously good air! The apple photo speaks for itself I think :)




A few shots of the Dahlen men!



Let the ceremony begin!



One of the shots Sarah was most concerned with capturing was that of Ben's expression as she walked down the aisle. The one on the left is only one in a sequence of Ben's expressions but I"ll save the rest for her eyes only ;) She was certainly a gorgeous sight walking down that aisle.





What a beautiful place and gorgeous weather!



The rings please...



The kiss














The happy couple :)



We had lots of fun with the family shots after the wedding but, considering I'm already up to almost 30 collages, I'll save those for the bride and groom's eyes and just share some of the wedding party and Mr and Mrs Dahlen :)




Got to do some jumping shots with the whole wedding party too and I was pretty impressed, once again!




We said goodbye to the rest of the wedding party and it was time for shots with just the bride and groom.



I don't think I can say enough how beautiful Sarah is inside and out and it shows in her every smile and expression. I love these ones of just her.






















I don't know two people who can make a diving board look so good :)









Got to have a 'shoe shot' in the wedding too, not just the engagement shoot :)














Sarah and Ben, it was such a pleasure being a part of your day. On this day, exactly one month from your actual wedding day, I hope that you have enjoyed looking through these photos and remembering that beautiful day as you look ahead to so many beautiful years together as a family. I look forward to staying in touch and watching your love grow more and more each year. Speaking from experience, it seems to only get better and better. Many blessings to your new little family and God Bless.


1 comment:

  1. you truely are a gifted photographer i loved every shot and will highly recommend you to everyone !!!

    ReplyDelete