Monday 7 November 2011

Loyal Customers: The Follett Family

Ever since I started this little venture, there have been two main families, the Folletts and the Zachers, who have supported me year after year. Mark and I work together at Langley Secondary and our classes make us neighbors. In addition, having our first boys, Greyson and Benjamin only days apart, made it easy to connect with them as a family and, every time we get together, there is always so much to talk about!

After doing numerous shoots for this family, I love that now, when I get together with them, that I know a lot of the ins and outs of their kids, what Greyson and Pierson call their grandparents and all sorts of other tidbits that make me feel like, on those days, that I'm a part of their beautiful little family. These two are amazing parents and I am truly grateful to have been able to follow this family as they've gone from a family of 2 to a family of 4 over the past few years. Mark and Lindsay, as always, it was a pleasure and I hope you enjoy :)

 

The shoot started out a bit frantic as my child care plans fell through so I packed Benjamin and Jacob into the van and headed out to Derby Reach Heritage Site. By the time we got there Benjamin was fast asleep so, I parked right by a grassy area, left Ben sleeping in the van and brought Jacob out onto the grass in his car seat while I snapped the first few pictures. Funny enough, the light was great in this spot and my mom came and met us there to save the day and drive my boys home while we continued the shoot. A bit hectic but it all worked out!






At this point, we already had about 100% more shots with Greyson looking than our photoshoot at this time last year so things were going well!



I have a photo like the middle one of Greyson when he was about this age, which is fun and, having two boys of my own similar ages, I know that the photo on the left is a rarity - two children looking at the camera at the same time and looking somewhat happy ;)















These smart parents came prepared with toys etc and it worked like a charm. Nice thinking :)







A few of this beautiful couple - I love the shot on the left!




The photo on the left was only acquired via bribery - I gave each of the boys one set of car keys to play with and then quickly took them away and asked them to smile. It worked!



We headed across the street and, Mark and Lindsay had brought Greyson's bike with them which made for some great photos and entertainment for Grey!



Some more photos of this couple :) You guys are looking fantastic!




One last one of the family!





Mark and Lindsay, thank you again for making me a part of documenting your family as it grows and changes. I feel privileged and honored and must say your family keeps getting better and better, year after year :) I hope you enjoy and I look forward to many more great afternoons spent together and many more smiles from those beautiful boys of yours!


No comments:

Post a Comment