Monday 24 October 2011

Rogers Family: New day, New faces

I have had so much fun reaquainting with old friends, through this little venture, but the Rogers family was referred to me through another friend so this was the first time I had met them. I love spending a good amount of time with a new family, or even people I've met before, as it gives us time to connect and for them to relax and feel comfortable with me so that, throughout the shoot, I can capture those 'real life' moments happening between all the family members.

 Steve had purchased this session for Danielle as a birthday gift and I was most impressed! Steve, if you are anything like my husband, an hour + of photo taking is not your idea of a good time but, you are gauranteed to have received some brownie points for surprising her with this session and having a smile on your face throughout.

 As you'll see, I had no problem busying myself during our hour and a bit shoot in Richmond
and, in the very first set of photos, you'll see why. Beyond Steve and Danielle being great company, their daughter, who is just under a year old, is ADORABLE. Here are a few of the little cutie to get us started!

 

Love the bottom one of Danielle and Addison (I hope I spelled that right, Danielle ;) ) - I couldn't believe the smiles Addison was giving me right out of the gate!




I think someone walked behind us and had Addison's attention so I waited until they were directly behind us a got some shots! Helpful to use passers-by!






Last time I was at this location, it was way too sunny to take shots that weren't in the shade of a building, so I thought I'd test out a few other backdrops at this gorgeous spot.




Love the 'throwing' shots and the way her curls bounce all over the place. So cute!









A few of the little walker :)





Wardrobe change and off to some new locations :)





I'm pretty sure this sequence below might be some of my favorites! If I had to pick what I love about these photos so much it would be a tight race between her expressions and her curls :)




A few of mom & daughter :) They're both gorgeous!





I couldn't resist posting these ones!










So, we had definitely been shooting for an hour by the time I took these shots and look at Addison's smiles - look at everyones' smiles for that matter. What a beautiful family!



A few fun shots before we started to wind down!



One of the joys of being in a place with wide open grassy areas is that we could just put Addison down in the grass and take some time to get some shots of just Steve and Danielle. I totally understand what it's like to have very few pictures with your spouse once kids come along so I always try to take a bit of time for this in each family shoot and these two are photogenic, to say the least.



Another fave :)



And, one last one of little Ms.Addison :)



Steve & Danielle, it was an absolute pleasure meeting you and your beautiful daughter and spending the morning together. I was so lucky to be a part of the birthday celebration and hope that you have a wonderful year together as a family. 

No comments:

Post a Comment