Monday 24 October 2011

Willms Family: Extended family shoot well worth the wait!

I had the pleasure of meeting Kristen at a 'mom and me' bootcamp through the rec centre when she and her family of three had just moved here from the island. Now they are a family of four and I was so excited to meet the rest of Kristen's family just a few Sundays' ago.

Kristen and her 2 brothers and sister had purchased this as a Christmas gift for her parents a few years back but, as I greatly understand, had a hard time finding the perfect time to get the whole group together and finally the stars aligned and I got to meet the rest of the Willms.

 I had such a wonderful time with this family exploring some different areas of Campbell Valley Park, including a tall grass area that I may have to return to for future shoots, and generally enjoying their company.

 As with a lot of extended family shoots, it was really hard to decide on which photos to post as there were so many fun interactions to capture and, with such a photogenic group, my list of 'favorite' shots needed to be paired down quite a bit. But, after a bit of hmm'ing and haa'ing, I've got it down to a manageable amount and am excited to share them with this family and all those who have already had the pleasure of knowing and being a part of the Willms' families lives.

Enjoy and thanks, Kristen, for allowing me to be a part of your family for a few hours!

Here are a few of the whole family to get started...
    

I can't believe how good the kids were for the whole shoot! Stuart, being just a day older than Benjamin, was awesome considering how hard it is for me to get Ben to look at the camera for a few shots and Heidi was a trooper too. The adults are always a treat to photograph because they listen so well ;)



The girls, the guys and the whole family!






And now for siblings as they truly are and a funny shot of the guys orchestrated by the ladies!



Stuart was really into these shots where he got to be in the center of attention and I love how they turned out. He's such a little ham!







Kristen's sister hadn't really had many photos of her and her husband since they were married and I think he endured the camera clicks quite nicely :)



A few of the Bylengas :)



You can just tell how much fun Grandma and Grandpa have with their little grandkids. So fun to see!



Next, off to the tall grass for some more fun! At this point, we were probably already an hour into the shoot and every one was up for having more fun so I tried to get every possible combination. I completely understand that it isn't very often that you get this many people in one place at one time!




Now for some of the couples... First off, Kristen and Eric!









And last but not least the two that it all started with. I love the way he still looks at her with such love. Family dynamics are wonderful to watch and it seems like the kids in this family have been given a great pair of role models to learn from.




Some more sibling shots! I've often wondered what it would be like to be from a family of four who are all close in age and hope that I can negotiate my husband into at least letting us have one more if not two more kids so we can find out. Though I sense that it would be crazy when they're all young, I love the idea of having a crew of best friends to grow old with. Looks like you have that, Kristen, and I can tell you appreciate it.



Dad & his boys and Mom and her girls...



Even though I already captured some of this couple, I had to put this photo up because this dog is too cute not too. He was such a great poser and I love the way his ears perk up!



A couple more of Mr.Stuart




Last but not least, one more shot of all the 'kids' and what's a family shoot without a fun jumping shot. These 7 took the jumping shot very seriously and I love how it turned out!



Thanks to everyone in this wonderful family for spending some time with me. I had so much fun getting to know you guys and take it that Willms family gatherings would be a lot of fun. Hope you enjoy and have a blessed year ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment