Friday 18 November 2011

Twins Session...No, they're not identical ;)

Twins session with two best friends and their little babies, just 3 months apart? Don't mind if I do :) I was so thrilled to be able to hang out with Steph and April and their little babes, Nate and Addyson, on another beautiful fall morning. You can take a look back at Steph's Maternity Session and Addyson's newborn session as I have been spoiled with lots of QT with the Maitlands recently!

We were a little skeptical of the weather forecast but, even though there were a few rain droplets as I drove to this new little spot, the rain held off and it was incredibly warm out considering it was early November.

I love doing group sessions like this, especially with babies, because, if one baby is fussy or feeding, we can just take some shots of the other and, in this case, April's mom also came along, and was a huge help! Both kids lasted for more than an hour at this spot through multiple poses and at least two wardrobe changes each.

Here are some shots of these gorgeous mama's and their beautiful babies!



I LOVE Nate's hat so, while Addyson had a bit of a top up of milk, we got quite a few of this cute little 3 month old!



Next cutie in line.... is her outfit not the most adorable thing you've ever seen? I would be broke if I had to buy clothes for a girl (let's be honest, I already have a tiny bit of a shopping problem having two boys in the house :) )






There were just a few too many adorable shots of Addyson to pick only one so here are six of my faves. My favorite is the one on the top right. I have a bit of a soft spot for those chubby little cheeks :)






Best Friends and 'best-friends-to-be'






Too cute not to post!



One of my favorite sequences of 'best friends' shots. We were having so much fun! I may have even suggested that, in one of the shots, it looks like they're using their babies as weapons.








Wardrobe change and Grandma Ethel could not have come in more appropriate clothing!



Mr.Nate and smiles all thanks to Grandma!





Wardrobe Change #2 for Addy and out come the Naslund Jersey's. Love how tiny she looks and, Steph, you look amazing for just having had a baby!



Little Festive Babies!



After the park, we headed back to my house for a few indoor shots with the little buddies and the beautiful little cherubs co-operated quite nicely! Huge thanks to my Nana for sewing me some swaddling blankets for this little ones.











Steph & April, when I watch you two together, I'm reminded that, we are so often blessed, in life, with best friends who end up being more like family. It is so clear that you two have a special bond that cannot be easily broken and will now only be stronger as you get to share in the journey of motherhood. Life is so much richer sharing it with others who love you for who you are and the fact that you love each other in that way is also so clear.

Your little ones are so blessed to be inheriting a best friend in one another and an aunty in each of you (oh and uncles in your significant others - can't forget them!).

May you both have such a blessed year, skyping, visiting, laughing and crying together through the ups and downs of this crazy adventure. 

No comments:

Post a Comment