Friday 18 November 2011

S Family: Beautiful Fall Colors

When we first moved to Langley during our Teaching degrees, little did I know that I would get a dream job at a great school with great staff. I get to work so closely with all of the resource staff at LSS and, Nicole Salmon and her sister, Monique, were some of the first colleagues I met and connected with at this school. Monique has since moved on to a different school but, over the last 6 years, I have been able to get to know Nicole better, both at school and outside of school.

I was so honored, when she asked me to take some portraits of her and her girls this fall and the weather on this particular morning was incredibly co-operative. Perfectly cloudy with hints of morning sunshine and three lovely ladies with such fun interactions. I thoroughly enjoyed my morning with you ladies and hope you enjoy the final product!



Gorgeous girls!









These two girls are not only beautiful but, they had so much fun and it showed!



I love the one on the right - candid moments are some of my favorites :)






Sisters :)



Nicole was hesitant to get in the photos but, I think you can agree, that she is far more photogenic than she gives herself credit for and I'm so glad I was able to capture some of her with her girls. They all have such gorgeous smiles!


We found a beautiful spot in the trees with some beautiful light and spent a good deal of time there :) I love this sequence and the interactions between sisters. I may have two boys but I can only imagine the sorts of moments I'll be capturing in 10 or so years. Watching these two made me look forward to it :)






I asked the girls to squat down for a few shots and it proved to be far more challenging that I expected and took a few tries but they got it and then their mom showed them up by making it look easy :)





A few shots of Nicole on her own. Pretty photogenic, eh?



The girls were still full of crazy creative ideas so, as we headed back to our cars, I snapped a few more :0



Nicole, thank you for introducing me to your two girls and for being such a great friend to me at LSS all of these years. You have such a passion for the students you work with and, I have seen you go above and beyond for them time and time again. I saw glimpses of a deeper version of that passion as I watched you interact with your daughters and, it is so evident that they love and respect you so much.

I hope you all have a wonderful holiday season and thank you again for allowing me to be a part of capturing your family at this stage of life. Many blessings to you and your beautiful girls!

No comments:

Post a Comment