Sunday 6 November 2011

Love the Fall: Morin Family Session

It certainly is a small world and, even though Dustin Morin and I had been on worship team together numerous times at Jericho Ridge, I had no idea that he was Mike Olnyk's cousin. I did an extended family session for Mike and his wife, Kim's, family back in July and was excited when Dustin's wife, Christina, contacted me for a family session of their own this fall. We have had such a gorgeous fall and, this particular day was no exception.

This beautiful Sunday afternoon at Campbell Valley Park was perfect for photos and, even though it was pretty chilly, the kids managed incredibly well and kept their eyes fixed on the camera nearly the whole time - most of the time with gorgeous smiles on their faces! Christina brought along her sister to help make the kids smile (an awesome idea for any families booking with me in the future!) and it worked like a charm. Jon also came along with me so I had a great time playing around with the reflector and adding just those little extra touches of light when necessary. All in all, I had a great afternoon with this family and hope that they enjoy the results :) Here it goes...

 

As you can see, smiles were not in short supply from these gorgeous little kids!




Their daughter Savannah (I hope I spelled that correctly :) ) is about the same age as my youngest, Jacob, and she is ADORABLE! I couldn't believe the smiles she was giving out! The picture on the right is particularly special to this family as apparantly they have one just like it of Josh when he was a baby. Now they can do some side-by-side comparisons :)



This little man has a name that is close to my heart, Joshua. My brother, Josh, passed away in 2003 but our oldest son, Benjamin, has the names of both of his uncles, whom we miss dearly, in his name. Whenever I meet another 'little Josh,' it makes me smile. This little guy had so much energy but was SO patient with the whole photo process and, as a result, Dustin and Christina, you're going to have a few photos of him to choose from ;) Here are some of my favorites!









It can't be fall without at least one photo of leaf throwing!



This little girl has an irresistable smile!



A few classic brother/sister moments :)












A few of mom and dad while Josh burned off some energy and Savannah spent some QT with Aunty :)






As we ventured out to some new spots, the light in this particular field was gorgeous so we got a number of combinations here and this one of Josh and Savannah is one of my favorites. I love her little booties!






And last, but not least, a few more of Christina and Dustin :)



Dustin and Christina, you have such a gorgeous family and such an appreciation for life that is evident in the way you interact. Thank you for sharing this beautiful afternoon with me and, Amanda, thank you for coming along and helping entertain that awesome neice and nephew of yours.

I love meeting other people who understand my incessant need to document as many moments as possible with the people you love and, knowing what you've been through recently and your appreciation for life and health, it makes it that much more exciting to share the results of our afternoon with you.

I truly hope you enjoy the photos and that they serve as visual reminders of the things that are clearly most important to you both in life. Enjoy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment